SOLOS Bulletin Board at Groups.io.
In November 2019 we transferred all members of our Yahoo Groups Bulletin Board to a new platform: Groups.io. If you were a member of our Yahoo group in November 2019, you were automatically added to the new Groups.io group.
The Groups.io group (named SKPingSOLOS – Escapees Solos) was created exclusively for communication among members of Escapees SOLOS. This list is unpublished and can be accessed only by moderated subscription, to prevent spammers and to ensure all who join meet the list criteria of being current dues-paid members of the C-BOF. The purpose of this list is narrowly focused for announcing rallies and other gatherings, sharing experiences, reporting travel plans and any other RV-related matters of interest to members.
How to Join the Groups.io Group
It’s easy to join the group:
(1) If you are a new member or a renewing member sending in the membership form, check the box that says “join SKPing Solos email discussion group at Groups.io”. Our administrator will add you and you will receive an email welcoming you to the group.
(2) If you are an active member of SOLOS BOF, you may also request membership in the group by sending an email to Roy Kannada ( royk1072 at gmail.com ), be sure to include your full name and your SKP #. If you do not include Your Name and SKP#, you will be asked to supply them and this will delay your joining. If you are not a member of Escapees SOLOS BOF, you will be asked to join.
Once you have been added, you will receive a response to confirm that you are subscribed, then you will begin receiving email messages posted to the bulletin board. Every member of the group can send emails to the group and receive all emails.
You can send an email to all members by sending an email to: skpingsolos at groups.io. If you hit Reply, your reply will go to the whole list. If you want your email to go to specific person(s), scroll down and click on Reply to Sender. Or forward it and add their email address(es).
If you want to add or view documents or photos posted on the bulletin board, you will need to go to Groups.io and set up a password for the email you were subscribed with. See Verify Your Member Info below.
If you have not been receiving the emails from Groups.io and you think you should be, you have the following options:
- Look at your Junk/Spam folders and make sure the messages are not there (search for skpingsolos, the group email address). Mark messages as “Not Junk” if you find any.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book so it is a recognized email address
- Go to the website https://groups.io/login and click on “Forgot your password or don’t have one yet”. Then enter your email address and click on “Email me a link to log in”. If you are already a member of groups.io you will be sent a link to setup a password. After you setup your password and login, find the solos group by entering “solos” in the search area. Select Escapees Solos from the list.
- It’s possible you are subscribed to groups.io with an old email address. See Verify Your Member Info (below) and try to log in and setup a password with your old email. There are also instructions on how to change your email address.
- If you are not a member of groups.io, send an email to Roy Kannada ( royk1072 at gmail.com ). Be sure to include your full name and SKP #. An alternate method is to go to groups.io, find the skpingsolos group, and click on Apply for Membership in This Group. You will get an email requesting more info.
Verify Your Member Info
Once you are a member of the Groups.io list, please go to their website and do the following to get the most out of the group. You need to have a password setup so that you can add or view photos and documents (such as newsletters) as well as past message threads. We especially need your help in updating member info. Remember, this list is private and can only be viewed by other Solos.
- First time (or forgot password): Go to the website https://groups.io/login and click on “Forgot your password or don’t have one yet”. Then enter your email address and click on “Email me a link to log in”. You will be sent a link to setup a password.
- Once you have setup a password, use it to Login https://groups.io/login. If you are a member of more than one group, pick Escapees Solos from the list. Select Members from the left-hand menu. If you are not seeing the whole list, select Members from the first button above the list. Then find your entry (either scroll or use the Search box). We want to make sure that your Display Name (first column) is your real first and last name. If it is missing or not correct, please click on the line and enter the correct Display Name. Be sure to scroll down to the bottom and click SAVE.
- To Change your email address: After you get a password setup, go to your Account info. You can change the email address. Be sure to go to the new email account and confirm the change.
If you have any other problems or questions, please reach out to the group Moderator Roy Kannada ( royk1072 at gmail.com ) or the webmaster Ann Palmer ( apalmer123 at msn.com ).